Experienced Maine Wage & Hour Lawyer Protects Employer Rights
Falmouth attorney provides legal guidance and effective defense representation
In recent years, the U.S. Department of Labor and state governments have stepped-up enforcing employee-friendly provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The result – increased compliance costs and substantial employment-related liability for employers. Kline Law Offices LLC helps companies develop sound compliance protocols to avoid litigation. We also defend wage and hour violations with effective, proven strategies that limit the employer’s exposure and reduce litigation costs.
Falmouth wage and hour defense attorney offers comprehensive protection
Wage disputes can range from simple misclassification errors to complex and time-consuming cases of allegedly wide-spread violations. We have successfully defended companies in individual and collective lawsuits related to:
- Child labor violations
- Employment practice liability insurance issues
- Failure to pay for alleged pre- and post-shift “off-the-clock” activities for non-exempt employees
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay otherwise exempt employees on a salary basis
- Failure to pay overtime to drivers exempt under the Motor Carrier Act and related laws
- Failure to pay overtime to sales personnel exempt under the Outside Sales Exemption
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Improper calculation of the regular rate or overtime
- Improper deductions
- Improper tip and “service charge” practices
- Misclassification of employees as exempt
- Misclassification of workers as independent contractors
- Retaliation for protected FLSA activities
- Unpaid on-duty meal and rest breaks
- Unpaid reimbursement for work-related expenses
Contact a Portland, Maine employment law firm for wage and hour claim defense.
Wage and hour compliance can be costly for businesses, liability for legal violations can be crushing. Concerned by FLSA claims, get effective legal representation today. Call Kline Law Offices LLC at 207-772-4900 or send me an email at: [email protected].